Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sony Vaio Z: My first impressions



I took a little bike trip today to stop by some shops to pick up a pokemon game and book for my brother (Eldest by Chris Paolini --my brother's 10 and he's already reading 600+ page books, I'm quite proud of him). Anyways, on the way back I stopped by at the Sony Style store to check out a laptop that I've had my eye on for quite some time: the Sony Vaio Z. I'm a total tech geek (I start off every day by checking my engadget widget on my itouch) and I've been doing some research on laptops for the past couples of weeks as I've been saving up for one for university. The Vaio Z is one of the most powerful machines of its size and the one that I tried in-store was a nice and speedy machine, but the build quality was absolutely atrocious. The screen felt SUPER flimsy. When I was opening the screen of the demo unit, it actually flexed considerably. Granted, most laptop screens flex slightly when you open them, even Macbook Pros with their aluminum screen backings are prone to a little flex, but the Vaio Z's screen was flexing quite a bit. It felt like I could easily snap it in half without trying too hard. I'm definitely not picking up a Vaio Z, a machine like that would quite simply not withstand the wear and tear of being thrown into a bag day in and day out and used as a primary computer for 4 years. After all, surviving 4 years of rigorous university life is the true test of durability for laptops.

On a side note, happy saint patty's day to you all and don't get too drunk. Check yo'selftbefore you wreck yo'self. *Sigh* no drinking for me tonight...I have to work and I have a driving test tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment