Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 15, 2010

Shutter Island: The most mindblowing film that I've seen in a long time



I watched Shutter Island with some of my buddies today and boy oh boy it was one hell of a film. The movie is basically a psychological thriller about conspiracies, cops, World War II flashbacks, mental instability and a very interesting protagonist. That's all that I can really tell you without completely spoiling the movie. Props to Martin Scorcese for another thrilling ride. The movie really makes you think and DiCaprio's performance in this film was really top notch. If you haven't done so already, go watch it now.

***MAJOR SPOILER ALERT***




The ending was really interesting and I don't know if I understood it 100%, but I think Andrew played along at the end and pretended to be insane so that they would end his misery. He probably snapped out of his dream world for good and couldn't face living with himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment